Waiting on Wednesday – The Monster Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson

February 21, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to let us share our excitement for books coming out soon.

That is one creepy cover! I’m really looking forward to this one, and love the slogan on the cover “UNMAKE THE SYSTE. REMAKE THE WORLD”. Looking forward to see what kind of sneaky things Baru can get up to next.

The Monster Baru Cormorant (Baru Cormorant, #2) by Seth Dickinson
Also by this author: The Traitor Baru Cormorant
Published by Tor Books on October 30th 2018
Pages: 432

LibraryThing button-amazon book-depository-button audible-button

Baru Cormormant’s world was shattered by the Empire of Masks. To exact her revenge, she has clawed her way up razor-edged rungs of betrayal, sacrifice, and compromise, becoming the very thing she seeks to destroy.

Now she strides in the Masquerade’s halls of power. To save the world, she must tear it asunder … and with it, all that remains of her soul.

• Proxyfish @ Books by Proxy February 21, 2018 at 8:04 am

I completely forgot about these Seth Dickinson books! I really wanted to read the first and then it wandered out of my mind… 😀

• Bethany Bee February 21, 2018 at 8:16 am

Man, given how messed-up I was by the first book, I am honestly a little afraid of what I’m going to feel when I read this one!

• Bob @ Beauty in Ruins February 21, 2018 at 9:45 am

That is one creepy cover. Nice pick.

• DJ (@ MyLifeMyBooksMyEscape) February 21, 2018 at 10:46 am

The second one is just coming out now?! I have a copy of the first (met Seth and got it signed too), but never got a chance to read it. But all I remember about the reviews for it were THE ENDING and everyone freaking out about it 🙂

• sjhigbee February 21, 2018 at 7:12 pm

What a disturbing cover! Thank you for featuring this one – it certainly looks different…

• Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum February 21, 2018 at 11:21 pm

I loved the first book, but I think I may need a refresher to remember what happened, it feels like it’s been a long time. That cover though, I’m not a big fan, lol.

• Wendell February 22, 2018 at 9:43 am

The cover certainly captures the imagination!

• Maddalena@spaceandsorcery February 22, 2018 at 1:13 pm

While I liked the first book, I did not really love it, but still I’m eager to see how Baru’s plans evolve in this sequel… Thanks for sharing! 🙂

• Lynn February 23, 2018 at 10:19 am

I thought the first was great so I’ll definitely pick this one up – although that cover just gave me a proper scare.
    Lynn 😀