Monthly Musings – September 2017

October 3, 2017

MonthlyMusingsThis is a where I look back at what I read (or tried to read) during the past month. I also plan on highlighting my experiences in any book club reads I from the month as well. I will always start with any books I would label as a surprise find/under-read books so if anyone missed my reviews for them, and don’t make it to the end of this post, they’ll be easy to find.

So I know things have been a bit slow here, but I should be getting back into a better groove. I had family staying with us since early July, and while I was happy to have them here, it definitely impacted my ability to spend time on blogging. So, I am hoping this is the month I finally find my routine again 🙂 I have been reading more than I was for a while, which is a step in the right direction, and I’ve been finding more time to return to blogging, just need to get settled back into a routine.

I am ale watching some TV. Currently watching The Man in the High Castle with my oldest son and husband, We just finished season 1 and I’m quite curious to watch the next season and try to figure out what happens. And Outlander is back with a new season, so I’m enjoying that as well.

Highlighted Read

Review Summary

What I Read

• Magicians Impossible by Brad Abraham
  • Valour and Vanity by Mary Robinette Kowal
  • The Tethered Mage by Melissa Caruso
  • The Salt Line by Holly Goddard Jones
  • Provenance by Ann Leckie
  • Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine

Looking Forward to

• Lynn October 3, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Live does take over sometimes doesn’t it but it’s nice to get back to some sort of normalcy.
    I still haven’t read the Kowall books but think I should as if you’ve liked them I probably will do too.
    Lynn 😀

• Lisa (@TenaciousReader) October 19, 2017 at 5:29 pm

The Kowal books are great if you are looking for a fantasy of manners read.

• Jennifer | Book Den October 3, 2017 at 8:55 pm

I’m trying to get back to blogging more, too. Life doesn’t always allow it. I’m really looking forward to the new Joe Hill.

• Lisa (@TenaciousReader) October 19, 2017 at 5:30 pm

It’s hard to keep up with everything! The new Joe Hill is good, but different from his other books (its also 4 shorter novel/novellas)

• Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum October 3, 2017 at 11:01 pm

This is going to be an insane month of new releases…and I thought September was busy! Hoping to hit up Stone in the Skull, Artemis, The Core, and The Bloodprint too. I think I may be biting off more than I can chew…
    Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum recently posted…Guest Post: “If A Fungus Had A Brain” by David Walton + International Giveaway!My Profile

• Lisa (@TenaciousReader) October 19, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Oh, yeah, I want to read all those, but not sure I’ll fit them all in this month. There needs to be a way to add “reading hours” where everything else just gets put on hold, and it doesnt impact sleep or anything.

• Melliane October 4, 2017 at 2:44 am

Some nice ones there!
    Melliane recently posted…Red Sister by Mark LawrenceMy Profile

• Blodeuedd October 4, 2017 at 5:47 am

I did not even know a new Leckie was out! I do like her style

• Lisa (@TenaciousReader) October 19, 2017 at 5:40 pm

I’m really surprised how little I have heard about the new Leckie! And its definitely worth reading, especially if you enjoyed her other books