Friday Face Off: Fool versus Jester

June 17, 2016

Welcome to The Friday Face-Off, a new weekly meme hosted at Books by Proxy. Every Friday two books will be lined up to be judged solely on their covers (that thing we are never supposed to do, but you know we all do it!)

This weeks theme: Better a Witty Fool than a Foolish Wit (A cover which features a fool or jester)

You know, I couldn’t find anything in the rules that said it had to be the same book. So this week, I am pitting Fool against The Jester!

These are two completely different styles so curious to see what people pick!

FoolFool by Christopher Moore
Published by HarperCollins William Morrow on February 20th 2009
Pages: 311

LibraryThing button-amazon book-depository-button audible-button

JesterThe Jester (The Riyria Chronicles #2.5) by Michael J. Sullivan
Also by this author: The Crown Tower
Published by Audible Studios on January 17th 2014
Pages: 33

LibraryThing button-amazon book-depository-button audible-button

[socialpoll id=”2367988″]

• blodeuedd June 17, 2016 at 5:07 am

I went with the Jester since I do no know the Fool
    blodeuedd recently posted…The Blood Curse – Emily GeeMy Profile

• Wendell June 17, 2016 at 10:13 am

Jester cover for me. Loved the story too.
    Wendell recently posted…FLASHBACK FRIDAY: BAZIL BROKETAILMy Profile

• DJ (@MyLifeMyBooksMyEscape) June 17, 2016 at 1:29 pm

So cool you’re going to be doing the Friday Face-Off now, too! I actually did Fool by Christopher Moore too XD And thats who I’m going to vote for. MJS is an amazing author, but The Jester cover feels too…. “ebook” – if that makes sense?
    DJ (@MyLifeMyBooksMyEscape) recently posted…The Friday Face-Off: Better a Witty Fool than a Foolish WitMy Profile

• sjhigbee June 17, 2016 at 8:15 pm

The Jester cover is just far more sophisticated and layered. Though I think the Fool cover is eye-catching and indicates humour, which generally reflects Moore’s writing. Nice to have you on board with the Friday Face-off. I’m starting to scroll through for next week’s weapons call – the choice is head-swivelling:)

• Danya @ Fine Print June 19, 2016 at 6:07 pm

I love the artwork on Christopher Moore’s books! They always look really great on the shelf, and I think the art gives off a satirical vibe too, so it works. I’m voting for The Fool! 🙂
    Danya @ Fine Print recently posted…Review: The Glittering Court by Richelle MeadMy Profile

• Lynn June 21, 2016 at 5:16 pm

I like the Moore cover – I’ve read The Serpent of Venice and had that for this week’s Face Off. I like his covers.
    Lynn 😀
    Lynn recently posted…So far so good…My Profile