Waiting on Wednesday – The Copper Promise by Jen Williams

May 4, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to let us share our excitement for books coming out soon.

This book has been out in the UK, and so I know a number of people that have read. Everyone seems to agree this book/series is loads of fun. Look forward to checking out when its released here in the States this year!

Copper PromiseWaiting on Wednesday – The Copper Promise by Jen WilliamsThe Copper Promise by Jen Williams
Published by Angry Robot on July 5th 2016

LibraryThing button-amazon book-depository-button audible-button

There are some tall stories about the caverns beneath the Citadel – about magic and mages and monsters and gods. Wydrin of Crosshaven has heard them all, but she’s spent long enough trawling caverns and taverns with her companion Sir Sebastian to learn that there’s no money to be made in chasing rumours.
But then a crippled nobleman with a dead man’s name offers them a job: exploring the Citadel’s darkest depths. It sounds like just another quest with gold and adventure …if they’re lucky, they might even have a tale of their own to tell once it’s over.
These reckless adventurers will soon learn that sometimes there is truth in rumour. Sometimes a story can save your life.

• DJ (@MyLifeMyBooksMyEscape) May 4, 2016 at 7:02 am

This style of cover art is so different from the other one! Give me a completely different feeling to the book. i.e. there will not be dragons XD
    DJ (@MyLifeMyBooksMyEscape) recently posted…Author Interview: Bob FreemanMy Profile

• Bob @ Beauty in Ruins May 4, 2016 at 8:16 am

I’m a little shocked it’s taken so long to make its way to North America – apparently the 3rd book just came out in the UK – but I nabbed and ARC and am anxious to give it a read.
    Bob @ Beauty in Ruins recently posted…Fantasy Review: The Emperor’s Railroad by Guy HaleyMy Profile

• Barb(boxermommyreads) May 4, 2016 at 8:23 am

This does look and sound like an interesting series. I think I saw it on Netgalley a few weeks ago. Maybe I will give it a go once it’s released.
    Barb(boxermommyreads) recently posted…Waiting on Wednesday (54)My Profile

• Sara L. May 4, 2016 at 8:50 am

This one has been on my radar, too. I was considering getting it via The Book Depository, but I’m glad that Angry Robot has picked up the series for North America. 🙂

And I agree with DJ – the US cover is so different from the UK’s!
    Sara L. recently posted…Recent Reads: April 2016My Profile

• Tammy @Books, Bones & Buffy May 4, 2016 at 9:08 am

Eeee! Super excited about this too. I’ve been reading rave reviews for a long time, and I’m so happy this book is being released in the U. S. I downloaded it as soon as it popped up on NG.
    Tammy @Books, Bones & Buffy recently posted…Waiting on Wednesday [195] – FAITHFUL by Alice HoffmanMy Profile

• Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum May 4, 2016 at 9:21 pm

I think you’ll really like this! I will have to pick up book three from Book Depository one of these days, because I need it to match the first two books which I have in UK edition, lol.
    Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum recently posted…Sanctum Sanctorum: May the Force Be With YouMy Profile

• Danya @ Fine Print May 5, 2016 at 10:35 am

Lynn raves about this book, so I know I need to read it. I was really happy to see it on NG last week, so hopefully we both end up liking it. Fingers crossed!
    Danya @ Fine Print recently posted…Graphic Novels, Tough Chicks: Vol. 12My Profile