14 Favorites of 2014

December 28, 2014

I love reading Best of Lists, but making them can be quite hard. Here’s my list of favorites from 2014 broken down by subgenre.

FAVORITE HORROR

20706269cover35671-medium

18453110-2Horrorstor_final_300dpi

FAVORITE SCIENCE FICTION

1583997620706284

20518854-2TheMartianCover

FAVORITE FANTASY

18718450WordsOfRadianceCover18666047

20646731-218138189-2

FAVORITE FANTASY DEBUT

20455255-2

• Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy December 28, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I’ve read SEVEN of the books on your list! I agree, trying to chop down your faves to only ten is nearly impossible. I’ve got a copy of THREE and want to read it soon:-) Great list!
    Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy recently posted…Over-Booked [15] – The Last Book Haul Post of 2014My Profile

• Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum December 28, 2014 at 5:53 pm

My favorites of 2014 list is going up tomorrow, and I certainly didn’t narrow mine down. What’s awesome is that our Horror lists are practically identical! (I just have one more book)

• Nathan (@reviewbarn) December 28, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I have only read four on your list. Strange since we seem to overlap so often. Just shows that our favorites all came from different places I suppose.
    Nathan (@reviewbarn) recently posted…2014 Barneys- Most Awesome ShapeshifterMy Profile

• Lisa (@TenaciousReader) December 31, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Well, I have 4 horror books, a dystopian and then one science fiction that could possibly be classified as horror as well (and a horror that could also be classified as horror). Those are ones I wouldn’t expect you to go for, even though I know you read one of them. Still surprised there wasn’t a little more overlap though. 🙂
      Lisa (@TenaciousReader) recently posted…Waiting on Wednesday – Half the WorldMy Profile

• Tabitha (Not Yet Read) December 29, 2014 at 8:27 am

I just finally grabbed The Martian 🙂 oh and in seriously going to read Broken Monsters and Ancillary Justice and Red Rising soon. I decided to give myself much more room for personal books this year 🙂
    Tabitha (Not Yet Read) recently posted…Review: Made For You by Melissa MarrMy Profile

• Danya @ Fine Print December 30, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I have read none of these. *weeps* Although I do have a copy of Half a King that I borrowed from my guy, so hopefully I will read it & love it in 2015!
    Danya @ Fine Print recently posted…Best of 2014: A Year in Reading and ReviewingMy Profile

• blodeuedd January 5, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Hi btw 🙂

Hm, good list, I need to take a closer look at some of those (I take a lot of closer looks before I decide, lol)
    blodeuedd recently posted…Burn for me – Ilona AndrewsMy Profile

• Kayla January 11, 2015 at 8:54 pm

I have not read nearly enough of these, but most are on my TBR list! They all sound so good